Monday, April 20, 2009

$2,234.96 and Rising

Within the last couple of days there has been an uptick in the number of donations coming in that has been very encouraging!  Right now we're sitting at 8.4% of my goal of $26,580.  With a bit of luck we'll get to the 10% mark today.  All it would take is another $423.04 worth of donations!  Considering the fact that there has been $550 donated so far today, I think it is doable, but certainly not a foregone conclusion.  I'm continuously encouraged by the generosity of people, especially in uncertain economic times!  Measured another way, this will get me about 223 miles down the trail at a fully funded level.  For those either familiar with the trail or looking at a map, that is about 50 miles south (on the trail) of Big Bear City in Southern California--almost directly east of Los Angeles in the San Bernardino Mountains.  Big Bear City is a major resupply point along the trail and it is here that I'm planning to take a day off to rest.
 
Before heading out of the DC area this Friday, I'm hoping to get something resembling a fundraising letter out to most folks in my email address book.  So far all the fundraising has been through word-of-mouth and individual appeals.  So if you get that email, please don't delete it!  In fact, do one better and send it to people you think might be interested in following me along the trail.
 
Thanks to all who have gotten involved so far...there are already too many of you to list here!
 
RJK

No comments:

Post a Comment