Friday, August 28, 2009

Day 115

Today was pathetic in terms of miles. I don't think I even did 20. I can't afford any more days like this if I want to make it to Canada without a dogsled!

I got up early enough but things just didn't seem to click for me. I went to Diamond Lake Lodge for breakfast and to charge my phone and that's when I think I just lost track of time. Being in civilization has a funny way of doing that. The good news was that the little store there had the batteries I needed. I thought I had spares but they turned out to be dead.
I finally got on my way around noon and was so annoyed with myself for taking so long to leave that I really didn't enjoy the first section of hiking. Today was honestly the first day on the trail that I felt pressure to get moving because of upcoming winter weather up north and I didn't like it one bit. But the upshot is that the lower miles probably helped my ankle and knee that have been acting up a bit lately. Both felt better today, so that was very good!

Tomorrow I was hoping to get to Shelter Cove Resort, but that would now require a 35-mile day, roughly. I'm not sure if I'm in a position to be able to pull it off, but if I can get myself out of bed at an early hour, then just maybe.

As of about 7 miles ago, I now have fewer than 800 miles to go to get to Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment