Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day 89 - Chester

I did very little hiking today which is just fine with my feet! They are loving the easy day they had! I slept in until about 7 this morning because I was so exhausted from the big push to halfway that I didn't even set my alarm. I still was up and on the trail before 8, however, and was even able to call my parents and chat with them while I hiked to Highway 36!

Since it was only 3.7 miles, I got there pretty quickly--around 9:15 I think...maybe later. Chester is about 8 miles east of the trail so I went to work trying to hitch a ride. About 30 minutes went by before a guy by the name of Drake picked me up. Great guy and was super stoked for me, my adventure, and my fundraising effort. He even gave me money for breakfast! Thanks Drake, and God bless!

At the diner I bumped into two other hikers--Travis and Big John. Big John was leaving today but Travis was staying which meant he was looking for someone to split the motel room with him. It worked out well. So after eating, doing some laundry, and resupplying, I ate some more. This time with Travis, Double Barrel, Frank, D-Wreck, BooBoo, and BooBoo's dad Magic Man. We ate at the Kopper Kettle and celebrated our achievement of reaching the halfway mark. It was a lot of fun.

Tomorrow I'm headed back to the trail rather early (7ish) with Travis, courtesy of Magic Man. It will probably not be a very big day for me. In fact, I'll likely only do two 20-mile days between here and Old Station.

Also, in case you are just looking at this latest post, I've also updated the last 10 days of my trip on my blog so be sure to read on!

No comments:

Post a Comment