Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day 99

(Originally written Tuesday, August 11)

Nothing too exciting to report for today. I was locked in on getting my 27 miles done so that I'd be back on pace for getting to Etna Summit at 6 pm on Thursday to meet my parents. So I was up relatively early considering how tough the day before had been and was on the trail by 7 am. I'm glad it wasn't any later! The weather was warm from the beginning, even at 6300'. Additionally, the first 15 miles of the day was a continued gradual climb up to 7600'+. I stopped for lunch just after the high point and nearly fell asleep on the trail. For the rest of the day, the trail was mostly a gentle descent, which is rare, so I was grateful. I'm still over 6000', in fact.

Tomorrow is a big day, however. I'm hoping to crank out 30 miles so that I'll only have 25 the following day when I meet my parents. So I'm really going to try to be on the trail before the sun rises so I've got a few quality miles in before it gets hot.

Sorry this isn't very informative, but I'm already tired and I've got a long day ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment