Saturday, August 1, 2009

Trail Update

This update will be quick because I'm using a library computer with a time limit.  Unfortunately, all my updates that I've been logging along the way are on my Blackberry which still only has voice service (no data...grrrr!).  But, just to bring y'all up to speed...I'm still on the trail and the "long-term injury" that I was referring to in a previous post was not in terms of life-long, just as it related to trail distance.  Anyway, the injuries were mostly alleviated with some new insoles I got in Reno at the REI.  Since Tahoe, I've busted out four separate 30-mile days.  This was in an effort to get to the halfway point before the end of July.  I'm happy to report that I made it to the halfway point last night (Friday, July 31) at 8:43 p.m.  So now I can say that I'm officially closer to Canada than I am to Mexico!  BUT, my blisters were acting up again and my feet are definitely in poor shape again.  What this means is a 3.7 mile-day into Chester (where I am now) and the rest of the day off.  Hopefully I'll be back on the trail again tomorrow morning.  Regardless, I'm planning to take it a little bit slower for the time being and hopefully avoid some of these foot issues that I've been having.
 
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment