Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 132 - 20 Days Remaining

(Originally written on Sunday, September 13)

I woke up to howling wind this morning as I was camped next to Blue Lake. Thankfully, the skies were still clear so it turned out to be another day of no weather issues. I am SO thankful for that!

I needed to go 24 miles to get to Trout Lake--my first resupply point in Washington. Trout Lake is a small town about 13 miles away from the trail so even after I got to the road at 5 pm, I still was dependent on the generosity of a passerby. About 25 minutes after I arrived, a gentleman who reminded me of my grandfather stopped and gave me a ride into town.

There is a small grocery store in Trout Lake that rents out a few bedrooms in the back of the store. So for $25 I got a queen-sized bed, TV (with ESPN so I could catch up on the really important football news I've been missing...more motivation for me to finish up this trail!), laundry, and a hot shower. It was probably the best deal on the trail so far.

After getting separated from Billy for the better part of two days, he caught up to me in Trout Lake. We headed down to the local cafe for dinner. A double bacon cheeseburger (huge) and a huckleberry milkshake later and I was set!

Tomorrow I've got to resupply and figure out my plan for Snoqualmie Pass, which can be challenging without the Internet and cell service. I'm hoping to get out at a decent hour and log 25 miles while I have the nice weather. More realistically, however, I'll likely do about only 20 miles. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment