Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fundraising Update

Hey Everyone - This will likely be one of the last real-time updates you'll see on my blog until I get to Canada.  All reports that I've heard have indicated that cell service between here (Skykomish) and Manning Provincial Park, British Columbia, is nearly nonexistent.  So I'll still be blogging, but likely won't be able to post until after I arrive in Manning Park on Saturday, October 3. 
 
Anyway, since I may likely be out of technological contact for quite some time, I'm appealing to everyone out there who has been thinking about contributing, but hasn't yet.  After 4 1/2 months (142 days) of relentless hiking with no weekends, I only have a few more days on the trail and would like to get over $10,000 before I arrive in Canada.  I'm at $8,800 now and so am almost there! 
 
So please take a minute or two and go to www.hikeforhope2009.com, click on the "his fundraising page" link, and contribute what you can.  Any support is very much appreciated!
 
Thanks and I look forward to seeing many of you in a few short weeks (or less)!
 
RJK

No comments:

Post a Comment