Saturday, June 13, 2009

Day 39

After barely any sleep following a night of wondering if I was going to become kibbles 'n bits for Junkyard Fido, I woke up to Tom and Tori passing by. I've been playing leapfrog with them from the beginning of my hike. Actually, Mount Laguna. Anyway, I relayed to them my experience and then decided that at 6 am I wasn't going to sleep anymore. I made some good time and was at Cottonwood Canyon by about 10:30. I ended up eating and resting a bit until about 2, then hitting the trail again, hoping to put in another 8-11 miles. Again, I was making good time so actually ended up close to 20 for the day. Tomorrow I'm planning to get up before the sun and knock out the 11 miles to the highway that I have left before hitching a ride to Tehachapi. My resupply box is at the Post Office and it's only open until 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment