Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 65

(Originally written Wednesday, July 8)

It was really hard to get up this morning because of the cold weather. I ended up sleeping in until 9:30--an unheard of time for me! I think part of the reason was that I was using both my regular foam mattress pad as well as my very light air mattress that was in my bounce box.

After breakfast, I went about the business of procrastinating. After hiking with a nearly empty (with respect to food) pack for several days, the thought of reloading for a 7- or 8-day hike without resupply was discouraging. Seeing a lot of other hikers enjoying all the junk food available to us didn't help matters. Eventually I did take down my tent, bought my groceries, and shipped my bounce box. By the time I actually got back on the trail, it was nearly 5:30. I cranked out six miles relatively quickly and made camp at a nice campground called Glen Aulin. The Tuolumne River is nearby complete with waterfall.

Tomorrow is going to be a grind with mostly ups and some downs. Soon I'll probably be wishing for some steeper ups and downs, but with a full pack, the task sounds daunting at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment