Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 70

(Originally written on Monday, July 13)

I'm not quite sure why, but it has been more difficult to get up in the morning with each successive day. I'm not sure if it is because I know I can do more miles in less time or if I'm just tired. I think it is mostly because I'm tired, and not just sleepy tired...I mean tired to the bone. I can feel it in my joints, muscles, everywhere. Even on the tops of my feet. The break in Tahoe couldn't have come at a better time. Some rest, new shoes (my current pair is being held together by duct tape...oh no...flashbacks!), new socks...I'll feel like a new man.

So, despite the fatigue I was still able to push out 20 miles, which brings my total to 99 miles for the last four days. Tomorrow will be another 25ish day because I'll be hiking with Tom and Cobie--a couple of speed demons on the trail. That would be fantastic because then that would only leave me about 10 miles to get to Echo Lake on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment