Friday, July 3, 2009

Update

This will be brief because I don't have much time on the internet and phone access is here is $2 a minute...ugh. 
 
I made it to Vermilion Valley Resort this morning.  After 10-11 days of hiking (I'm not sure which it is) including 175 PCT miles and an additional 16 miles to Mt. Whitney, I made it!  And yes, I'm extremely proud of myself because I don't know of anyone else who did that distance without getting off the trail to resupply in Independence or Bishop.  Next up is Tuolumne Meadows about 65 miles away.  I'm hoping to get there in 3-4 days.  I'm currently at Mile 877.2 and as of about 30 miles ago, I'm halfway to Oregon!
 
Anyway, I've got a ton of blog updates and photos to share, but still no way to post them until I'm back in civilization.  So it's not that I'm bored with providing updates, it's just that I'm technologically limited.
 
Hope you all are well and have a Happy Fourth tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ryan. It's been far too long since I've posted a comment. Reason is partly that your long "silence" due to lack of cell coverage prevents your updates. We look forward to reading your "book" when you do update in South Lake Tahoe next weekend. While you're walking though, be assured we have the atlas open and a PCT guide book to track your progress and read about what you might be viewing and encountering. It all has been an encouragement to me to be more faithful in my "walk with God" while you walk the trail (hopefully also walking with God). The book you left behind, Walking with God by John Eldredge, has been my inspiration this summer for topics chosen to share with the senior citizen ladies' Bible study for which I was asked to lead discussion. It seems God places life experiences on our path that parallel yours on the trail, i.e. "Walking with God...and Overview"; ..."in the Desert"..."in the Fog"...in the "Silence"...and most recently ...on the Detours". What a blessing to study and know that God is interested in the details of daily life. May you experience a sense of His continued and very special Presence as you continue.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete