Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 73

Today I was on a mission to get to Barker Pass, where I was planning to head east to Lake Tahoe for a break with Adrienne for a few days. To be honest, I didn't notice a whole lot of the views along the way because I was just trying to get there as quickly as possible to meet my friend Stacie at 7 that evening for a ride back down to civilization.

I ended up getting there about a quarter to 6 and just relaxed, savoring the fact that I didn't have anywhere more to go before my first and only real vacation during my hike. A few minutes after 7, Stacie showed up and I was on my way! She informed me that Tom and Cobie had offered up some floor space at their motel room for me if I was interested. I definitely was and eagerly washed the dirt off before grabbing dinner at Subway (fit for a king, mind you) and preparing for Adrienne's arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment