Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 10

I don't think this will post today because the network around here only supports phone calls and no data it seems.

But I thought I should offer up an entry so that when I have sufficient coverage it will post.

I'm not sure yet, but I think today may have been my breakthrough day. Everything up to this point has been hot, slow, and most importantly, painful! But today I picked up my resupply package (thanks Mom!) in Warner Springs which included my trusty old asics running shoes. I'm not sure why I even tried anything different! Yesterday I hiked 25 miles in my horrendous duct tape sandal/shoe monstrosities just so that I could wander down the road to pick up my box at the post office without walking very far. And it was totally worth it! In the afternoon/evening, I hiked another 9 or 10 miles in surprising comfort, even with all my current blisters!

So here I am about 9 miles past Warner Springs, which means I'm right at 120 miles total so far, or $1200 raised...not bad! Considering my painful start, the fact that I'm only 3 days behind my original schedule is miraculous! Hopefully things will continue to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment