Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day One

I am one tired dude. My feet, butt, back, and shoulders all hurt to a significant degree! It was beautiful but I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I should because of my pack that weighs too much. As soon as come by a post office, there's gonna be some major cuts!

I made it the 20 miles I hoped to go so that I could enjoy a hot shower at Lake Morena County Park. I'm not sure how many miles I'll try for tomorrow, but it won't be 20!

My GPS isn't within arm's reach (I'm tucked into my sleeping bag with a nearly full moon overtop my tent of basically mosquito netting. It is very quiet out here with only an occasional airliner or coyote's howl breaking up the silence.

I'd post a bunch of photos but the cell service here is marginal at best. I doubt you'll even get this until I'm in a better area.

Wild animals witnessed today were two bobcats battling it out literally on the U.S.-Mexico border, a (gardener) snake, and a tarantula. I got a picture of the tarantula, but the other two happened so fast that I didn't have time, but Maloney witnessed it too so I'm not just making this up.

One last thing...for those keeping score, today's 20 miles translates to $200 for LAF.

No comments:

Post a Comment