Friday, May 29, 2009

Day 25

Today started waaaay too early. My alarm went off at 4:25 as usual. But with only a couple hours of sleep to my credit because of those inconsiderate guys close to our campsite, I was already tired when I got up. At least it wasn't cold though!

I had logged about 5 miles before breakfast and thought I was on track for a pretty good day. After I cleared Deep Creek Canyon, however, the trail more or less disappeared. Or wasn't labeled well anyway. I spent a fair portion of the rest of the morning trying to figure out where I was supposed to go and sweating like crazy from the heat in the meantime. Thankfully, right around noon the clouds rolled in and significantly dropped the temperature. It was awesome! I really only stopped for lunch and ended up getting to my overnight spot at around 5ish, giving me lots of time to take care of other things, like wash my clothes again to hopefully prevent any poison oak outbreaks!

So I'm already in bed and have been for a bit. Different Friday night than what I'm accustomed to! But, it's necessary because I've got about 14 miles to Interstate 15 (Cajon Pass) tomorrow and I'd like to get there by 11 am to avoid the heat of the day. As long as I leave by 5 and I don't have any issues, I should be able to. But I think I may try to get going even earlier...we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment