Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 11 - Midday Oasis

I put in about 10 miles this morning (Friday) and I'm definitely pumped about my feet not hurting as much!

The weather continues to be beautiful and the breeze helps a LOT with the heat, which is still eager to show you it can kick your butt, even at 5200 feet. So when I came to a home out in the middle of nowhere that is well-known in the PCT hiker community as the home of Trail Angel Mike, I had to stop. He provides water and a shady place to hang out whenever a hiker needs it. Pretty cool!

So now my plan is to put in another 15 miles today (fingers crossed) and then another 25 tomorrow. If I can do that, then I'll have about 10 miles to get to the junction to Idyllwild. It'd be really nice to get there midday Sunday so that I could clean up/do laundry before bed, leaving Monday to do nothing but rest my body and feet.

But about 51 miles lie between me and Idyllwild at the moment, so I can't get too excited yet...lots of work to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment