Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Bounce Box

Thru hikers of the PCT usually try to hike with a pack that is as light as possible. To help make that happen, we use something called a "bounce box". Basically, we throw a bunch of supplies in it that we don't think we'll need until our next resupply point. I had sent one from Warner Springs last Thursday to be picked up in Idyllwild when I got here. However, it is Tuesday and it still hasn't showed up. This not only causes me issues of a practical nature (my tent stakes were in there as was a rain cover for my pack), but I'm most disappointed in the fact that, in an effort to go as lightly as possible, I put my still camera in there too (I still have my digital camcorder) and I'm afraid it might be lost.

I hate the Postal Service.

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to proceed.

PS - There was a 5.0 earthquake around LA two nights ago that I felt. Wasn't strong, but just enough to make you feel small.

No comments:

Post a Comment