Friday, May 29, 2009

Day 25

Today was a pretty easy but boring day. The trail lost about 3000' of elevation over the 22 miles we hiked, but it seemed that it was going slightly up nearly as much as it was going down. We followed a small creek called Deep Creek for most of the day, usually bouncing from one side to the other, causing me to get a wet sock/shoe combo at one point. It traced its way through a canyon and zigzagged its way along. I'm definitely ready for a more direct approach!

Our campsite is close to the hot spring and literally surrounded by poison oak. The hot springs felt amazing after a long day of hiking. Definitely helped soothe the aching muscles and joints. It would have helped me sleep really well except for the three very drunk/loud/obnoxious bellowing out into the night air until about 2 am. I get up at 4:25 am so this should be fun. I'll let you know how the poison oak situation develops. I don't think I touched any of it but you never know.

So anyway, tomorrow will start out with more of the same before passing a couple of dams later on in the day. It's going to be another long day with about 22 miles to hike. The tough part is it at lower elevation which means it will be hot. However, the warmer temperatures will definitely make it easier to get up in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment