Monday, May 18, 2009

Good News!

Okay...so I think most of you following me know by now that my sunglasses were found. I'm super stoked about this and despite the fact that the lenses are a little messed up, I'm relieved that I don't need to spend any time or money for new shades!

What happened was the hiker behind me--a native Englishman named Peter--found them somewhere between Rodriguez Spur Truck Trail and Scissors Crossing. They were just lying there in the middle of the trail! Then for us to both be checking in at the town of Julian (12.5 miles from the PCT) at the same time was very fortunate. Definitely a lifter of spirits for me after dealing with the slow start.

So now I've put a little piece of duct tape on each side of the glasses to hold the croakies on. I definitely don't want a repeat! Between the duct tape shoes and sunglasses, I guess I won't be collecting any fashion awards on this hike!

No comments:

Post a Comment