Saturday, May 30, 2009

Day 26

Well, this entry will be short. After leaving McDonald's and hitting the trail at about 4 this afternoon, I hit my goal of 10 miles for a total of 24 today. That's three 20+ mile days in a row and I'm afraid my feet are showing it! It's hard to believe that after all the blisters I've gotten, I'm still getting new ones. It's frustrating because I'm doing all the right things to avoid the blisters, but they just keep coming.

Anyway, the weather today was again cloudy with a few raindrops which is wonderful in an arid climate like the past two days were supposed to be. It helps tremendously in terms of saving energy. Now I'm camped on a ridge at slightly over 5000'. For the next few days, I'll be over 6000' which will help if a heat wave were to hit.

Tomorrow is supposed to be an 18-mile day, so I may reward myself by sleeping in a bit. We'll see, but I'm pretty tired.

I guess this entry was longer than I thought it would be! Pics to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment