Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Marine Helicopter Crash

The details are still sketchy, but a marine helicopter appears to have gone down close to the PCT. This wouldn't be a problem except that it looks like authorities have closed the trail for the moment. Complicating matters is the fact that firefighters/recovery team are using Cibbets Flat Campground as a staging area. That is precisely where I was planning to camp tonight. I'm not sure what this means for me, but I'm thinking about hitching a ride on nearby I-8 and going up to Mt. Laguna which has a hotel and a post office, taking care of some business there, then hitching a ride back to my current location in a day or two to continue the hike. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Will definitely stayed tuned. This trek is NOT going to be boring...that's evident already!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? A hotel? You're going to cheat on Aggie this early in the hike?? "Roughing it" my eye! LOL

    ReplyDelete